Ad

Overcoming Challenges at RSB: My Apprentice Journey

First, I gave an interview for AutoCAD in RSB unit 1, then 2 time  again in RSB unit 3.

 In November, I joined as an apprentice. On the first day, I was assigned to the maintenance department and was given a tour of the entire plant.

 A friend suggested we leave early, and I left before my shift ended at 6:00 PM. This was my first mistake.

The next day, I was given work in AutoCAD, but HR said I was too slow and transferred me to the production department.

The work in the production department was heavy, which I couldn't manage. I told HR that I wanted to do AutoCAD, but HR said if I can't handle the production work, I should find another job. So, I agreed because I had no other option.

After a few days, an uncle working in RSB told me that the AutoCAD job was given to a girl. She got the job on the recommendation of the plant head, due to which I was moved to the production department.

In the production department, my tasks included carrying nuts and bolts from the store and taking parts for painting, which was very hard work. I made a casual friend there who helped me, but other apprentice friends didn't like me because I couldn't lift as much weight as they could.

 My boss saw that I couldn't handle the heavy work, so he assigned me to tool data management. My job was to collect CNC data, like how long the tools lasted.

In the tool data section, the maintenance HOD met me and asked what I was doing. I told him I was assigned to tool data. He said he would give me AutoCAD work and asked me to work with him.

 The next day, I went to him, and he took me to the IT department to get a laptop. I told him I had given an interview for AutoCAD and was working in IT, but there wasn't much IT work.

When I informed my production boss that the maintenance head wanted to give me AutoCAD work, he went to HR. HR called both me and the maintenance head. The maintenance head denied offering me AutoCAD work in front of HR, which shocked me because he had told me so. HR accused me of lying. After some silence, I explained that I was given tool data work, and the maintenance head admitted that he had asked me about my work. HR then instructed me to handle both maintenance AutoCAD and production tool data.

I realized that I had no future there. I asked a ma'am in the IT department if there were any IT jobs, but she said no. My friend, whose father worked there, got an IT apprentice job due to his father's connections. My father also worked there, but the RSB plant had been sold to Caparo.

When I got a job offer from Caparo, I left RSB and joined there.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post